The System Administrator is primarily responsible for maintaining, administering, securing, and supporting Gables Enterprise Applications and server hardware.
1. Perform basic System Administration functions for 160 Windows Servers. These tasks include hardware installation, OS installation, OS configuration, Driver updates, Firmware updates, and Windows Updates/Patch installation.
2. Perform installation, configuration, and administration functions for various Enterprise Applications including MS Active Directory, VMware ESX, Veeam, MS Exchange Server, MS Systems Center (SCOM & SCCM), Group Policy, DFS, MS SharePoint Server, MS Terminal Server, MS IIS, MS SQL Server, Powershell scripting,
3. Install and configure VMware ESX 5.5 & 6.0 servers. Manage the VMware environment including creating VMs, managing VMs, installing ESX patches, etc.
4. Monitor performance and resource utilization of physical servers, virtual servers, SANs, etc.Identify resource and performance issues; make and implement recommendations to resolve those issues.
5. Become a key participant in various Enterprise Application related projects.
Upcoming projects include:
6. Manage and resolve Enterprise Application issues.
7. Manage Backup Plans and Disaster Recovery Plans for Enterprise Applications.
8. Manage Security for Active Directory, Operating Systems, and Applications. Run audits as necessary.
9. Develop documentation on system administration processes and procedures. Assist in educating others in the IT Department as well as End-users.
10. Increase knowledge of the Gables systems and the technology industry through internal training, external training, experience, and independent research.
11. Comply with the Gables General Computing Controls in order to satisfy Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
12. Some travel required (typically 1-3 times per year). Travel could increase based on business needs.
13. After hours work required. This is estimated at an average of 30 minutes per night from home. In addition, the associate may be asked to work odd hours or on the weekend. Scheduled system maintenance occurs on Tuesday nights; expect to work late every Tuesday. (Arrival time will be shifted to accommodate the need to stay later.)
A college degree is preferred but not required. The position requires the ability to read and write English fluently and the ability to accurately perform advanced mathematical functions.
Candidate must have experience with administration of Windows Servers and hardware. List of technologies and applications are listed in Desired Skills / Qualities section below.
The position requires excellent server and application administration skills, strong analytical skills, and the ability to learn quickly. Other necessary skills include verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, presentation skills, and facilitation skills.
A valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required.
The position is exempt from overtime and may entail working hours as needed to perform the position requirements satisfactorily. The position is scheduled for a typical 40-hour workweek. However,the associate should expect to regularly work more than 40 hours per week.
Position requires individuals to furnish their own vehicle to fulfill all of the job’s functions.
Position requires the ability to travel within the United States. Associate will travel approximately 1-3 times per year. Travel could increase based on business needs. Associate must pay for all travel expenses up front and the company will reimburse. Associate must have a major credit card for travel purposes.
An Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V.